Even though you can tweeze and thread your eyebrows, waxing is one of the most common and effective ways to take care of them. Eyebrow waxing works well, saves money, and is accurate.
When your eyebrows are waxed, you get a perfect shape, and all tiny hairs are removed in one go. Your wax expert can use hard or soft body waxes to get the job done.
If this is your first time waxing your eyebrows, or you’re about to get your eyebrows waxed, you’re lucky to have found this article.
Thrive Wellness will show you what to do and what not to do after getting your eyebrows waxed.
Your Basic Waxing Appointment
Any waxing will cause some skin irritation. There will be some pain or discomfort when the hair is pulled out, and there will also be some redness after the waxing.
Aside from that, shaping and waxing your eyebrows should take about 20 minutes. It’s easy, and everything goes well. But ensure the esthetician uses all the best tools, doesn’t double-dip, and uses products before and after waxing.
So, if you’ve never waxed your eyebrows before, here’s how it works:
In general, your esthetician will use a cream to clean the area around your brows. This will get rid of any makeup, dirt, and oil.
This is a crucial step in which your brow artist will take the correct measurements of your brows to perfect your shape or completely reshape them to fit your face.
This step is how the hair is taken off. The best way is to put wax on the bottom and top of the brow in the direction of hair growth in two sections and then pull it off in the opposite direction.
The wax is also used to clean the space between the eyebrows, and the wax strip is used to clean up any extra wax. Many estheticians now use hard body waxes to wax eyebrows because they are easy to use and help get the right shape.
After waxing, a post-depilatory lotion is used to clean the area around the brows again.
Trimming the hairs that are too long is another crucial step in making the brow look its best. For this, the esthetician will brush the brow where the hair grows and cut any inches that are out of place.
Tinting is an option that some wax bars offer. Tinting is done with pigments that last from about a week to a month. A soft tint adds more definition to the brow and fills any bald spots.
Now that you know what will happen, you should also know that waxing your eyebrows is one of the quickest and easiest ways to keep them in good shape.
Your Aftercare For Eyebrow Waxing
The best way to ensure your eyebrow waxing appointment is worth it is to take care of yourself afterward. You just got your eyebrows shaped to look great, and your skin will be healthier.
Keep in mind that we’re working with the thin skin on your face and that any kind of waxing can be a little rough on the skin. Here’s what to do after getting your eyebrows waxed.
Recommendations in General
- Don’t touch your forehead all the time! You could bring bacteria to the area, which would block the pores and make it more likely that you would get a pimple or an infection.
- Just let your eyebrows heal on their own.
- Do not tweeze in between appointments!
- Don’t worry if you got your brows colored and they look too dark. The color will lose its strength faster than you think.
- Call your esthetician if you have unusual reactions like redness or irritation that doesn’t go away, itching, swelling, or burning.
- A gel made from aloe vera could help cool and calm the area at home. You can put it on when your skin feels a bit sensitive to feel better immediately.
- You can’t exfoliate for at least three days before or after the appointment.
- Stop using retinoids at least a week before the procedure and for a week afterward.
- Try not to use facial cleansers on the area around your brows for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- If you are taking medicine for acne, you shouldn’t even think about waxing. You would have to stop taking Accutane at least a year before getting waxed, and most other acne medicines would have to be stopped.
We hope you know better how to take care of that waxed eyebrow. We bet your brows will look fiercer for longer, and your skin will stay in great shape.
If you ignore this, bad things could happen: your skin could be more likely to lift, graze, tear, bruise, and swell, which could hurt you and leave scars.
Make an Appointment Today!
Eyebrow waxing can be scary at first. But once you have tried it, you can ensure sound, safe, and clean features for your face! Call us today at (423) 994-8243 to learn more about Luxe Eyebrow Waxing Treatments.
You can also visit our office at Cummings Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37419. We can’t wait to see you reach your goals with our help! Try our other services, like facials, peels, and microneedling.